Monday, May 7, 2012

Beach Girl Adventure

Last week, i went to two beaches near my city, Yogyakarta. I didn't know why, but at that time i just felt like i wanted to go to the beach. I miss beach. I always love beach. I love walking barefoot in the beach and feeling the sand and wave in my toes. I love seeing the sun, wave, and the blue sky greets me with their unexplained ways. I love playing with water. In the beach, i become a little girl again. I love screaming out loud when the waves hit me. I love beach and i'll always do.

I went there with my best friend, Iku. You know what, the trip was totally unplanned. I texted him 2 days before the D-day and he said okay and that was it. We both were clueless about where the hell those beaches were. Okay, i know that i'm a Yogyanese and actually i've been to several beaches in Yogya, but when i didn't drive, i never pay attention in the road. I would most likely fell asleep. Bad navigator, huh? Meanwhile, my friend Iku, also as clueless as i was. Actually i suggested him to take the public transport, but the time needed would be longer and the public transport only operated during particular hour. So, we decided to go there by motorcycle. Why not car? Nah, i wasn't brave enough to drive my car to the beach. What if the roads were too narrow? What if the roads were too slippy? Thus, the wise  coward me wanted to go there by motorcycle in order to survey the roads first. Who knows maybe someday i'd drive my car there? 

On the D-day, Iku handed me a paper nervously. When i opened it, turned out that it was a paper contained full direction to the beach. I knew the minute i opened the paper that my trip would be long and exciting, not to mention lost. We went there at 11.30am. Our destination was Wonosari. It was around 35 kilometers from Yogyakarta. Well, the trip there to Wonosari was almost flawless. The road was a bit scary especially when we had to  pass Bukit Bintang. It was a beautiful hill with steepy ascents. Well, well, after spent 45 minutes, we arrived at Wonosari, yippie. From Wonosari, we had to find the beaches. You know what actually it was quite easy to find the way there to the beaches. There were sufficient sign to tell which way you should go. Okay, the direction was easy, but not with the road. Bukit Bintang steepy road was nothing. The ascent to go to the beach were marvelous. Our biggest fear was stuck behind huge truck which carried sand or wood. Hahahha. 

At 12.40, we finally arrived at Kukup Beach. I've been there three times, but never get bored. This beach was awesome. I think that this beach is as good as Tanah Lot beach in Bali. So i went change, and ready with my beach outfit and started to pose. Narcissistic. That was why i brought Iku. He was really a good friend of mine. He didn't mind to help me taking hundreds of pictures. Damn this Kukup Beach was awesome. The water was sooo clear. I could see the living organism obviously. There were several people rented the straw mat for 5,000 IDR only. If you want to enjoy the view, i suggest you to go to this beach. But, if you want to swim, errr, it's kinda dangerous here. The wave was big. We spent 2 hours there in Kukup Beach. Actually i wanted to stay there longer, but Iku wanted to go to another beach.  
beach girl
Kukup Beach
happy Iku
We continued our trip to Sadranan Beach. It was 15 minutes only from Kukup Beach. Well, i gotta tell you something. There was tens of beaches in Wonosari and all of them was unique. Until now, i have visited five of them. That was my first time visited Sadranan Beach. Wow, Sadranan Beach was like private beach. There were only several people there. The sand was white and clean. The wave was also friendly. Iku jumped in into the water right away. In Sadranan Beach i saw four fishermen trying their luck. They were very friendly. When they passed us by, they showed us their catch. I spent most of my time there by playing with the waves, writing on the sand, and taking pictures. 

Arithalia mini dress, House of Mangos hat

Let's talk about my outfit there. I wore a cute red mini dress that i've owned since 5 years ago. I completed my look with a beautiful straw hat and sunglasses. That's it. The simplicity. You don't need to wear many clothes in the beach. That's another advantages of beach that i worship.

Soooo, we then left at 5.30pm. We totally spent 1 hour 40 minutes to return to Yogya. Well, i didn't enjoy my trip with motorcycle. It was so tiring. I couldn't feel my feet and my ass. Hahahha. I am so thankful now for having a car for my daily transportation. I then admired people who use motorcycle as their daily basis. You guys rock!!! Alright then, sorry for the long post, it's hard to keep my mouth shut when it comes to beach topics. Enjoy your week readers. Taaaa

1 comment:

astrid said...

nice dress!! Red is your color

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon